Buy Rare Seeds

Search Our Stock

Home SeedsRare ⇒ T

Rare Seeds

Tacca chantrieri | Bat Flower | Cats Whiskers | Devil Flower

Here I am offering Seeds from Tacca chantrieri, also known as Bat Flower, Cats Whiskers, Devil Flower. This tender perennial maxes out at around 3 feet high. Tacca chantrieri is unusual in the sense that it has a black flower. This amazing plant starts out with a green bloom as a pup but as it grows older the bloom turns purple, black, maroon, brown, and bronze. This breath taking tropical blooms from late Spring to early Fall and like to live in a spot where it gets about 60 percent shade. They like to drink a great deal of water and bask in high humidity. Good air circulation is very important to this plant. This is no low maintenance plant for the beginner but if you have time and patience and are up to a challenge then the black bat plant will be your masterpiece. USDA Hardiness Zones 10 to 11

Tacca chantrieri Bat Flower Cats Whiskers Devil Flower

Tacca chantrieri | Bat Flower | Cats Whiskers | Devil Flower

Only One Available

Here I am offering Seeds from Tacca chantrieri, also known as Bat Flower, Cats Whiskers, Devil Flower. This tender perennial maxes out at around 3 feet high. Tacca chantrieri is unusual in the sense that it has a black flower. This amazing plant starts out with a green bloom as a pup but as it grows older the bloom turns purple, black, maroon, brown, and bronze. This breath taking tropical blooms from late Spring to early Fall and like to live in a spot where it gets about 60 percent shade. They like to drink a great deal of water and bask in high humidity. Good air circulation is very important to this plant. This is no low maintenance plant for the beginner but if you have time and patience and are up to a challenge then the black bat plant will be your masterpiece. USDA Hardiness Zones 10 to 11

Tacca integrifolia | White Bat Flower

Here I am offering Seeds from Tacca integrifolia, also known as White Bat Flower. This tender perennial has one of the most impressive blooms ever seen. This is a tropical plant and requires tropical temperatures year round, but it likes full shade and can be a house plant if you find the right hot shady place for it. Full grown this guy gets about 3 feet tall. USDA Hardiness Zones 10 to 11

Tacca integrifolia White Bat Flower

Tacca integrifolia | White Bat Flower

7 Available Now

Here I am offering Seeds from Tacca integrifolia, also known as White Bat Flower. This tender perennial has one of the most impressive blooms ever seen. This is a tropical plant and requires tropical temperatures year round, but it likes full shade and can be a house plant if you find the right hot shady place for it. Full grown this guy gets about 3 feet tall. USDA Hardiness Zones 10 to 11

Tacca nivea | White Bat Flower | Bat Head Lily

Here I am offering Seeds from Tacca nivea, also known as White Bat Flower, Bat Head Lily, and Devils Whiskers. This plant likes to be in the shade with no direct sunlight and it needs high humidity so you can use a rock tray to have standing water around the base of this plant, but not touching the pot itself or getting into the mix. We just want more water in the air around this plant. The bloom is extraordinary with the giant white blossoms shading a group of dangling seed pods, and then the cats whiskers get to be about 2 feet long on a mature plant. Not only does this have a spectacular bloom, but the large deeply veined leaves are also impressive. USDA Hardiness Zones 10 to 11

Tacca nivea White Bat Flower Bat Head Lily

Tacca nivea | White Bat Flower | Bat Head Lily

40 Available Now

Here I am offering Seeds from Tacca nivea, also known as White Bat Flower, Bat Head Lily, and Devils Whiskers. This plant likes to be in the shade with no direct sunlight and it needs high humidity so you can use a rock tray to have standing water around the base of this plant, but not touching the pot itself or getting into the mix. We just want more water in the air around this plant. The bloom is extraordinary with the giant white blossoms shading a group of dangling seed pods, and then the cats whiskers get to be about 2 feet long on a mature plant. Not only does this have a spectacular bloom, but the large deeply veined leaves are also impressive. USDA Hardiness Zones 10 to 11